Thursday

Day 27

Today we woke up early in the morning to buy breakfast at macdonalds. After that we headed to class. We got back our results of our test and did practical revision after that. I wasn’t feeling very well at that time, having headaches and cannot concentrate on the tasks that I’ve been given. After that we were given a break. I decided to tell Miss Neo that I wasn’t feeling well and asked if I could be excused and go back to the room to rest. I headed back to my room and slept till the afternoon. After I woke up, I felt even worse headaches than before. I decided to take my temperature at that time. I was very shocked when I saw that the temperature was 39.8. I couldn’t get out of bed that time because when I stepped down, my headaches will get even worse. I rested for a while and then took my temperature again because Wen Jie said temperature usually is higher when you wake up from your sleep. It was 39.6 around 45 minutes after that. Actually they all wanted to go out to buy something, but they realised that my face was red and asked me whats wrong. Wei Qin decided to bring me to the school hospital. Wei Qin, Ron, Cynthia,Janice,Ling Li and the rest accompanied me to the school hospital. When we reached there, we were told that local students were’nt supposed to go to the clinic there. Cynthia called Miss Neo for me and we went to the school block where we have lessons. After waiting, Miss Neo, Mr Willy and a WUST staff accompanied me to the nearby hospital by cab. My temperature when I saw the doctor was 38.6. The doctor asked quite a number of questions but I was unable to answer them because I couldn’t understand his accent. I was then told that I had to choose between taking a jab and taking medicine. I wanted to take medicine instead of the jab because I am afraid of needles. However, I was told that taking a jab will be more effective and also can be monitored by the doctor. The jab was totally different from what its like its singapore. In China, they call it 点滴.They will insert a needle into your veins and drip something from a bag of medicine. The whole process lasted 2 hours. While doing 点滴,Miss Neo, Mr Willy and the deputy principal stood by me all this times. The deputy director prepared her 爱心粥just for me!!:) I was very touched by what she did and the porridge was simply delicious. Her husband was even there waiting for her. After finishing 点滴, headed back to school and rested in my room.

Reflection

I was very touched by the actions of Miss Neo and Mr Willy, especially by the actions of the deputy director. What she did really filled me with warmth. She spent time just for me and prepared porridge. When i was doing 点滴, i had to lie down. The deputy director then helped me lift the front of the bed and fed me porridge. I really felt like a small child back then. She made me feel what i haven't felt in a long time. Miss Neo and Mr Willy were with me the whole time and waited for me outside.Being in a foreign country, being treated with so much care and concern, it made me have a whole new impression of the people here. Though some people here when you purchase things at stores are rude, there are also many good people around. The love that the teachers have shown, gives me hope.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment